The PHP Scratchpad
Enjoy coding and debugging in an editor designed for fast feedback and quick iterations. It's like a shell for your application – but with multi-line editing, code completion, and more.
Tinkerwell ships with drivers for all major frameworks and is extendable to support any PHP application.
The best-in-class autocompletion and editor experience
Tinkerwell provides an outstanding code completion experience that is optimized for Laravel
applications, but also works with all other frameworks.
Install the Laravel IDE helper in your application for best results.
Magic comments, automatic code coverage, inline-error messages, and more
Using a special comment syntax you can quickly dump out variables and perform method calls in the middle of a method chain to make debugging as easy as it gets.
Made with you in mind
All the tools we build at Beyond Code have one main goal – to make your life easier.
There’s no need to waste time creating test routes or controllers. Just write code.
Improve your workflow
Application context coding and debugging will help you get every job done faster.
Boost your productivity
When you start using Tinkerwell, you’ll wonder how you were ever productive without it.
The sky’s the limit
Tinkerwell is more than just a tinker tool. Way more.
- Run code via SSH Run your PHP code on remote servers – without modifying your live code or files in any way.
- Magic Comments Debug your PHP code with the usage of magic comments and live code-coverage like never before.
- Get free rein with PHPStorm. Take advantage of Tinkerwell’s innovative features and run code directly from your favorite IDE, PHPStorm.
- Bring data to the table. Browse any database record as an interactive table and export it via CSV – no matter where your data’s from.
- Quickly query. Run your code with query inspection enabled to get more insights into your Laravel applications.
- Tinker on Laravel Vapor Evaluate your code on any of your environments – including Laravel Vapor and Docker.
Trusted and tested by the best
Tinkerwell is trusted by more than 12,000 developers across the globe. Here’s what they have to say.
“I’ve pretty much used Tinkerwell every day since it was released.”
Creator of Laravel
“I don't know why anyone wouldn’t use Tinkerwell. I can't even remember how I used to test code on the go before it.”
VP of Engineering at Foodics
“I use Tinkerwell all the time now. Love that app.”
Eric L. Barnes
Creator of Laravel News
“I use Tinkerwell every single day and have 25 tabs open at any one time. It’s the essential tool for Laravel developers”
Co-founder of Fathom Analytics
“Amazing. I don't know how I lived without it. Much better than my former workflow.”
“Tinkerwell is the fastest way to test an idea or debug an application. It just keeps getting better and better!”
Laravel Core team member
“Tinkerwell quickly became an essential part of my daily Laravel workflow. It’s easily the biggest upgrade to my dev experience in years.”
CTO at Lemon Squeezy
“My productivity soared with Tinkerwell. This should be part of every PHP developer's toolkit.”
Founder of CodeCourse
“Tinkerwell is the swiss army knive for every developer's daily work. It's that essential.”
“Gone are the days of creating a whole PHP app just to test a function or two. Tinkerwell has helped me level-up as a developer.”
Head of engineering at Codepotato
“Pretty rad man. With the auto reload functionality as I type, it makes it easy to debug a lot of the logic in my apps. Very well done.”
Developer at Cirricula
“Tinkerwell takes the guess work out of development. It’s one of the few apps that lives on my toolbar - I reach for it daily.”
CTO at Imperial Wealth
Pay once, use forever
Every purchase includes a perpetual fallback license that you can use forever.
Tinker, tailor, time to buy
Enjoy coding and debugging by adding Tinkerwell to your daily workflow.
Got a team? Invest in your people and save some extra cash with our team license.
- Available for macOS, Windows and Linux
- License for two devices
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Includes access to all updates for one year
- Perpetual fallback license (pay once, use forever)